Saturday, November 6, 2010

Quizletで勉強(べんきょう)しましょ!!

みなさん、

メンさん wrote a blog entry about how I introduced her to Quizlet.com, which, to me, is the best website in the world. In short, this is a website that functions like an electronic flashcard maker, but its uses go way beyond mere flashcards. You can basically use it to study anything and everything for any class and every class. I've been using it for three years. I also created a group so that my high school friends and I could study together (for chemistry, bio, English, Spanish, SAT=_=, etc). Basically one person creates a set and shares it with the group, and then all 37 of us could use it to study! It was a huge success.



Quizlet is eco-friendly and is truly the most efficient method I know to study vocabulary. Its "Learn" function is simply awesome. With that function, you cannot possibly not know the 20-30 words that you're studying in 10-15 minutes. Also remember that millions of Quizlet users have already created zillions of sets, so if you want to memorize things like GED vocab, hiragana chart, periodic table (lol), or whatever, more than one person probably have already made sets for those things so you can save some time by using theirs!

So, anyway, to get to the point, good stuffs should be shared so I created a new group for our Japanese class. If you have taken a look at Quizlet and also think that this is an amazing website, then feel free to join the group and contribute and クラースメトとべんきょうしましょ!

Now, the instructions:

1) Go to quizlet.com, and sign up
2) Search "CU Japanese Study Group" (case-sensitive)
3) Join
5) Study

I've already shared my sets with the group. As you can see, I wrote all the Japanese translations in Romaji, and the long vowels such as "ū" as "uu" because 1) I assume we all know hiragana and katakana by heart now (I indicated that term is written in katakana whenever necessary); 2)you could write ū on Quizlet but it's annoying because you have to take your hand away from the keyboard while using Learn function and use your mouth to click the special symbol ū...anyway, it's just easier to type; 3) I personally feel that romaji works better for memorizing those subtle things like whether "ō" in hiragana is written as "ou" and "oo" and the "っ"'s placement in ちょっと...

And if you wish to share your sets please remember to change the "Editors" to your group members so that this way if we find a mistake/typo we can correct it immediately.

Good luck on みなさんのにほんごのべんきょう!

2 comments:

  1. haha, you're like the quizlet's official spokesperson. you must really like the site lol. i just signed up and joined. thanks for the find :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO am Quizlet's official spokesperson haha.

    ReplyDelete